X-yachts’ hotly anticipated 4th generation of performance cruisers, would always push new boundaries in all aspects of technology, performance and style. It was essential that this generation would become a new trendsetter, just like the previous generations who were always one step ahead of the game:
· The first generation was launched in 1984 with the X-402, introducing large diameter wheel steering, semi elliptical lead fin keel, rod rigging. The racing version captured the One Ton Worlds in 1986.
· The second generation came in 1990, with the X-412, which introduced the bulb keel, and the IMS inspired hull shape, winning the European IMS Championship for Cruiser/Racers.
· The third generation came in 2002, when the X-43 was introduced, with refined IMS and IRC hull shape, high stability and modest displacement, and pioneering deck design details such as under deck main sheet system.
This time round, X-Yachts decided once again to push the targets of production yachts further; implementing new production and engineering techniques; utilizing cutting edge design. The idea is to create yachts that stand proud in the racer cruiser market.
· Pioneering coach roof window design; Long sleek style, but this time with 2 open able parts that introduces ventilation as well as the modern look.
· Carbon Bow sprit, with hidden integrated anchor roller, combined with the under deck hidden head stay furler make the bow area clean, but with no compromise.
· Vertical “Plum” bow gives extra volume forward, and greater waterline length, enhancing the performance in all aspects of hull design.
· Vertical Transom maximises usable deck space, and gives a modern, fast, aggressive impression.
The Xp’s offer something special. It’s about making the intention functional, yet allowing the smaller details to stand out for being for neat, clean and clever. The quality details in the cockpit, the under deck sheets and halyards, the hidden storage for halyards, the cockpit table, the life raft storage, the cockpit lockers, the various wheel pedestal options, the coachroof port lights, the flush deck hatches, the hidden mainsheet traveller (44 and 50), the recessed storage for the washboard. These features combined make the Xp's stand out.
Style Meets Function
Below decks the quality continues with contemporary, comfortable and functional Interior design. New materials and methods result in a blend of clean lines with new and fresh ideas throughout. The units in the Xp’s are made of HIgh gloss white composite GRP, giving both a more modern feel whilst eliminating unnecessary weight. X-Yachts’ renowned craftsmanship and joinery meets is still prevalent in combining modern materials with finest quality wood finishing.
Better Sail Performance
The secret to the Xp’s increased performance is the introduction of vacuum infusion and epoxy resins in the hull shell and carbon fibre reinforcement in the hull and keel girders; better performance for racing – better performance for cruising. The new Xp’s overall displacement is a little lower than the previous generation, however much of that weight is now moved into a 30% heavier keel and bulb. The increased stiffness provides a better experience for the cruiser and greater sail carrying capacity for the racer. In over 8 knots of the wind the extra stability is translated into pure boat speed.
The Xp 44 was the first in the new generation to be launched in April. She immediately starting turning heads on and off the race as well being nominated for the prestigious European yacht of the Year award by the leading European yachting magazines. The Xp 38 was then launched in August as the second member, and is already following in the family trends. More than 85 new Xp´s, including 4 new Xp 50´s will be sailing before the summer of 2012 – the numbers speak for themselves.
50ft Family Speedster
The Xp 50 is set to debut in April 2012, elevating the range to the next level of comfort and performance. Taking the hugely successful design concepts implemented in the smaller Xperformance range the Xp50 concept is set combine the luxury of cruising and racing. A clutter-free and adaptable deck layout will prove a pleasure to sail both shorthanded and fully crewed.
The new Xp 50
Superb on-deck comfort is added with more cruising features including the option of multiple biminis, tents and a two-pole sprayhood with opening central window. A foldable cockpit table allows ample room for crew or guests to relax in the spacious cockpit. The transom conceals a tender garage to house an 2.3m inflatable, with an electrically operated door which also forms a convenient bathing platform with swim ladder.
The Xp 50 has a spacious accommodation in a three cabin layout, plus two heads and ample storage throughout. All tanks are hidden below the floorboards, to free up space in the sofas for additional cruising needs. Light and space are the key elements, with increased headroom and an additional saloon skylight over the smaller Xp models, increased wooden panelling and ambient lighting All in all a really luxurious environment in which to relax.
Comfort mixed with superb performance; the new Xp 50 is expected to become yet another trendsetter in her class of luxury performance cruiser/racer.