Thursday 1st March 2018
In 2016, X-Yachts launched the new pure X range which included the X4³ and the X6⁵. This range was exceptionally well received by both press and clients with more than 75 yachts sold in the first two years. The X range incorporates the best elements from both the Xcruising range and the Xperformance range into one beautifully designed performance cruiser.
In January 2018, the X49 was presented for the first time to the press at the world’s largest boat show, Boot Düsseldorf. As expected, everyone was thrilled to finally board the boat and to dream about and plan for the coming sailing seasons.
On this very same occasion, the first design layouts of the X46 was introduced.
Niels Jeppesen, Design Director – about the X46:
“This boat will be the ideal family cruiser, that can also get a bit racy at the weekend; It’s fast, stylish and safe. The sailing experience for an X Yacht is meant to be outstanding, and we dare to promise that the X46 will come standard with those build and design features, which for almost four decades have set X Yachts apart”.
X-Yachts Designer’s comments:
- The hull design of the X4⁶ follows the latest design philosophy which maximises sailing performance. Designed to excel in all wind conditions due to a generous sail plan coupled to a high quality mast and rig, including discontinuous rod rigging as standard
- The deck layout takes a combination of the features from both her siblings; a self-taking jib is standard, with sheet handled by one of the halyard winches, and a mainsheet track is recessed into the cockpit sole with an 8:1 purchase traveller control system.
- Each of the twin wheels is connected to its own quadrant with a completely independent wire system. This built in redundancy is an excellent safety feature.
- The toughened glass coachroof windows flood the interior with natural light. In addition to the large flush skylights, sections of the side windows are also open-able to provide excellent ventilation.
- Teak comes standard in the cockpit and is optional on side decks and on the coach roof top as well as on the electrical operated bathing platform.
- The yacht is delivered with an ultra-modern common rail diesel engine, delivered with a standard 2 blade Flexofold folding propeller.
- The interior layout has two almost identical aft cabins, with the difference that the port aft cabin is wider, enabling this cabin to be offered in a split version.
The large owner’s cabin accommodates a king-sized double berth whereas the galley is largely L-shaped with numerous practical equipment – and last but not least, the X46 has two bathrooms.
- To starboard there is a forward facing nav station, electrical switchboard and space for optional navigational, communicational and radio equipment behind locker doors.
The new X46 will debut in July 2018.